In order to count unique values in the Pivot Table, you have to do the following steps.
- Copy the following table into Excel (get the file). In cell C2 enter the following formula.
- Autofill for the rest of the cell in column C.
- Click inside the table and go to Insert -> Tables -> Pivot Table.
- In the Create PivotTable window use the following settings and click OK.
- In PivotTable Fields on the right side check both positions (Group and Name).
- Drag fields between areas, as shown on the image below.
- Now, you should see the following result.