OfficeTuts SEO add-in is a free Excel add-in that speeds up your work with typical SEO tasks, such as backlink analysis.
You can download the manifest file and start using it right away.
OfficeTuts SEO add-in consists of the following tools located on the ribbon.
Get Domain [button] – It converts URL and returns a domain name in the following form: example.com, without https, https, or www.
Get Subdomain [button] – It works the same way as the previous button, except it converts URL and returns subdomain: sub.example.com, without https, https, or www. If there is no subdomain the in string, it returns domain.
URL Converter [taskpane] – This option gives you more control over formatting.
Clicking this button reveals a taskpane that gives you more control over URLs conversion to domain and subdomain.
Create Hyperlink [button] – Converts text to a hyperlink if the string is a proper link.
Clear Hyperlink – [button] – Converts all hyperlinks to normal text.
Remove Empty Rows [button] – It works the same way as Remove Duplicates, but instead of removing duplicates, it removes empty cells.
Remove Duplicates [button] – Click a cell inside a column to remove all duplicate values from this column. If there is a duplicate the whole row is deleted.
Humanize [taskpane] – Formats big numbers, or converts them into strings.
Change Case [expandable button] – Click one of the suboptions to change the case.
Trim and Combine [expandable button] – There are two buttons under this option.
Trim Whitespaces [button] – Removes whitespace characters from the beginning and the end of the string.
Combine Spaces [button] – combine multiple spaces into one.
Highlight Non-English [button] – Click a cell inside a column to highlight all rows that have duplicated values in this column.
Remove Non-English [button] – Works the same as the previous button, but this time instead of highlighting cells, it removes them.
Functions in Add-in
OfficeTuts SEO add-in offers the following list of functions:
How it works
Changes the first letter of each word to uppercase and converts the remaining letters to lowercase.
Changes all letters to lowercase letters.
Changes the first letter of a sentence to uppercase and the remaining letters to lowercase.
Major words are capitalized and minor words are lowercase (articles, short prepositions, conjunctions).
Changes all letters to uppercase letters.
It combines multiple spaces into a single space.
Removes whitespaces from the beginning and the end of the text.
This function takes one or two arguments. It returns the domain using different formattings.
This function takes one or two arguments. It returns the subdomain using different formattings.
This function tries to guess the language this text is written in and display its name.
Formats long numbers to shorter versions. They are formatted as text.
How to use in Excel 365 Desktop
To add an add-in to Excel, you have to perform a few steps. This is a one-time operation.
Creating a directory and sharing manifest file
- Right-click the manifest file and choose Save As...
- Create a directory and put the manifest file there.
- Right-click the directory and choose properties.
- Click the Sharing tab, and then Share from Network File and Folder Sharing.
- Select the user you are logged on and click Share.
- Now, under Individual Items, you can see the path to your directory.
- Right-click the path and click Copy Link.
Adding manifest to Excel
- Open Excel.
- Click the File tab.
- Click Options.
- From Excel Options, click Trust Center.
- Click the Trust Center Settings button.
- Click Trusted Add-in Catalogs.
- In Catalog Url, enter the url (example: //DESKTOP-4GD6P06/manifest) and click Add catalog.
- Check the Show in Menu checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Close and open Excel.
Adding add-in to the Ribbon
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click My Add-ins in the Add-ins group.
- Click SHARED FOLDER.
- Select Add-in and click Add.
- A new add-in called SEO has been added to the ribbon.
How to use in Excel 365 Web
To install the add-in for Excel 365 for Web you have to perform these steps:
- Right-click the manifest file and choose Save As... to save it to a folder.
- Open Excel for the web.
- Select the Insert tab and click Office Add-ins from Add-ins group.
- Click Manage My Add-ins to show a drop-down list.
- Choose Upload My Add-in.
- Click Browse, and select the manifest file.
- Click Upload.
- There is a new Ribbon Tab called SEO.
Right-click the manifest file and choose Save As…
If you have any questions or suggestions write to us using our contact page.